1) Do you charge for travel time?
There is no charge for travel if we are coming to walk your dog. We do charge standard mileage for on-site training services and drop off and pick up requests.
2) Do you offer free consultations?
Yes, for dog walking and pet sitting clients meet & greets are free.
For dog training clients, I offer a complimentary half hour consultation to get to know you and your dog. You determine the time we spend together. If we chat longer than 30 minutes there is a consultation/evaluation charge.
3) What kind of dogs do you work with?
Although I’ll work with most any dog, many of my clients own Pointers, Dobermans, Terriers, Bulldogs, Shepherds, Labradors, Hounds, Yorkies, Golden retrievers, Goldendoodles, and Rescue Dogs. I have had a lot of experience rehabilitating rescue dogs.
4) Do you work with other animals besides dogs?
Of course! We have worked with cats, porcupines, rabbits, birds, chickens, fish, and other small animals.
5) What methods do you use to train dogs?
No one method applies to all. I will meet with you in your home to discuss your needs and your dog’s needs, and then I create a customized training plan. I will determine the types of tools and training plan that will lead you and your dog to happiness with your dog’s new found obedience. I use a leash, nylon training collar, prong collar, harnesses, remote training collars, treats, and praise. Dog training is 95% positive.
6) Do you ever find that some dogs just can’t be fixed?
In my experience, most dogs can be rehabilitated and trained. The tough part of training is getting the owner to make changes with regards to how they communicate with their dog and stick to them.
8) Do you offer doggie day care? No, that is not a service we offer. However, we can drop off your dog to and from a doggie day care in Marshfield, Scituate and Norwell.
9) How will I be able to reinforce what you’ve taught my dog after training camp is over?
Within the training camp package, I include some follow-up sessions with the owner. During these sessions I transfer to the owner the lessons that I’ve taught the dog, and share what I’ve learned about the dog from working closely with him. I help the owner learn how to maintain what the dog has learned. Owners must reinforce the obedience training, if not the owner will have set backs with their dog.
You can always call for questions any time after training has been completed.
10) Can you teach my dog to do tricks, like roll over or play catch?
Yes I can. But most of my clients have me focus on the tough stuff, the pendency training. Obedience training is my focus from puppy training to advanced off leash reliability to make life more fun with your pup.
11) How do we go about hiring a dog walker or pet sitter?
First, we discuss your needs and see if we can assist you. We email you our standard paperwork. Then, we schedule a 20 minute meet and greet with the Dog Walker that would be a good fit for you and your pet. When you are all set to move forward, we set you up on our professional pet sitting software so you can book your dog walks online.
12) Are you hiring dog walkers? We are always interested in hearing from you. Please, send us a resume and tell us why you want to work with dogs.
13) Do your dog walkers have insurance coverage? Yes, everyone at The Daily Dog, LLC is required to be Bonded and Insured and have had Background checks too.
* Please note that these are only business hours for booking services. We are available for dog walks, pet sitting & obedience training 7 days a week.
15) What geographic region do you cover?
We walk dogs in Marshfield, Scituate and Norwell. We will expand our coverage as the demand grows in nearby towns. For dog training, Donna travels along the coast from Kingston, Duxbury, Marshfield, Scituate, to the Norwell area.